As we approach the Valentine’s Day weekend, which is also Family Day weekend, it’s always nice to have options to suit everyone’s fun and creative sides. Here’s a few ideas for you…
If you are in a relationship, the female probably has a date with ALL her girlfriends to go to see Fifty Shades Of Grey. But if not, men? Impress her by taking her to see it. (Playing at the Strand on James St at 7:30 starting on Friday). Then if that’s not enough, how about going for an evening of live music on Saturday at the Log Cabin, with local talent Jeff Young. Make Your Reservation By Clicking Here!
- Give your lover a dozen roses—with a creative twist. Give eleven red roses and one white rose. Attach a note that reads: “In every bunch there’s one who stands out—and you are that one.”
- Get your partner a wristwatch. Inscribe it with: “I always have time for you.”
- Attach a $100 bill or giftcard to Dainty Delights (on James St), along with a note to him saying, “You choose.”
- Write “I Love You” in soap on the bathroom mirror.
- How about a classic, romantic, passionate, handwritten, heartfelt love letter. Most adults haven’t written a love letter since high school. (And why not? Have we lost our youthful idealism and creativity, or have we just gotten lazy?)
- Place a little love note or poem under the driver’s-side windshield wiper of his or her car.
Psst…Don’t tell your S.O. those ideas came from me…take full credit 😉
So, moving along to Family Day…this may or may not include the same person, hopefully it is…but maybe you will want to mix it up. AND keep in mind ladies, Valentine’s Day is for them too, so maybe incorporate these into his gift for the day of love.
From Feb 14th-16th, 2015, there is a TRY THE TRAILS pass, FOR FREE! Get bundled up, and ride the trails around our District. Get Your Pass Here! Don’t have a sled? Well Rosseau Road PowerSports just south of town has rentals! (See? No excuses to be bored this weekend! I got you covered!) Rental Info
Perhaps sitting in a hut with hot coffee (and Bailey’s) (or a flask of some kind?…I won’t judge) with a tackle box is more your “speed”, then this weekend also is LICENSE FREE weekend! Go out there and catch some fish! Here Fishy Fishy Fishy….
Whatever you decide to do this much needed long weekend, don’t forget to tell your loved ones, that you love them. And most importantly, time always means more than gifts. 😉